Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Sanitation Contract topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

London approves three-year Rumpky sanitation contract starting Aug. 1, mayor says

London City Council · June 18, 2026
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

The mayor announced the city has signed a three-year sanitation contract with Rumpky, targeted to begin Aug. 1, which the mayor said will hold rates steady for the first three years and preserve current service and containers; council members sought and received clarification on rate guarantees and extension options.

The London City Council heard from Mayor Pat that the city has signed a three-year contract with sanitation provider Rumpky, with a target start date of Aug. 1. The mayor said the agreement "avoids the increases" previously discussed and "will save citizens money immediately while maintaining the same level of service" and that current trash-collection schedules and containers will continue to be used.

Council members asked for clarification on what the mayor meant by a three-year guarantee. The mayor responded that the price is guaranteed for the first three years, and the city retains two one-year add-on options at its discretion. "We can elect to move forward if we're happy with service and those rates," the mayor said in response to a council question about whether the guarantee applied to price or just service continuity.

The contract was described as providing continuity of service during transition and avoiding immediate rate increases. Council members also discussed related operational matters during the meeting, including questions about municipal communications with Mid Ohio on road repairs and sinkholes and progress on the new police facility.

The mayor reiterated that the city will monitor implementation to ensure service continuity for residents, and urged constituents to contact the administrative office with complaints about missed service or other issues during the transition.

What's next: the mayor said the contract paperwork has been sent to Rumpky and the city is targeting an Aug. 1 start; council did not debate or vote to rescind the contract during the meeting.