Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Unsafe Building topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Board allows interim demolition at 300 W. Old Ridge Rd.; 500 Main St. removed from unsafe list after repairs
Summary
The board voted 2-0 to permit the homeowner at 300 W. Old Ridge Rd. to begin demolition (garage to remain) while the owner pursues Plan Commission subdivision approval, and removed 500 Main St. from the Unsafe Building Authority after windows, coverings and electrical work were permitted and the yard cleaned.
Get email alerts on the Unsafe Building topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
The Board of Public Works and Safety on Jan. 21 authorized a homeowner to begin demolition of the unsafe structure at 300 W. Old Ridge Rd., provided the garage remain intact, while the owner moves forward with a Plan Commission filing for a 1‑lot subdivision. The board continued the matter to its March 18, 2026 meeting to monitor compliance and Plan Commission progress.
Building Commissioner Felix Perry said the property survey was complete and the homeowner had purchased equipment to perform demolition work but still needed to complete the Plan Commission subdivision process. The board voted 2-0 to allow interim demolition on public‑safety grounds while the owner follows the required planning steps.
Separately, the board considered 500 Main St., where representative Dave Delano reported that windows have been replaced and wrapped, window coverings installed and electricity restored. Felix Perry said permits had been pulled for windows, doors and electrical work and that the yard had been cleaned. "The structure is no longer unsafe as they have fixed the windows and other issues," Perry stated, and the board removed the property from the Unsafe Building Authority and turned oversight to the Building Department for continued permitting and inspection.
