Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Board Business topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Hobart board ratifies investment agreements, approves Hickey Street appraisal change and subdivision mylars

Hobart City Board of Public Works and Safety Meeting · January 21, 2026
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

At its Jan. 21 meeting the Hobart Board of Public Works and Safety ratified an investment services agreement, approved a supplemental contract change for Hickey Street appraisals (about $78,000 reduction), signed mylars for a 1-lot subdivision at 126 N. Hobart Rd., and accepted a Fire Department grant. All motions passed 2-0.

The Hobart Board of Public Works and Safety on Jan. 21 ratified the mayor’s signature on new investment and custody agreements with Baker Tilly and Old National Bank, approved a contract reduction tied to Hickey Street appraisals and signed the mylars for a one‑lot subdivision at 126 N. Hobart Road, all by unanimous recorded voice votes (2-0).

Mayor Huddlestun and Mrs. Longer said timeliness required ratifying the Baker Tilly investment services agreement and the custody agreement with Old National Bank. "We need to move forward as time was of the essence," Mrs. Longer said before the board voted to ratify the mayor’s action.

City Attorney McCarthy described Supplemental Agreement No. 2 for the Hickey Street reconstruction project as a scope change that removes appraisals from the original BF&S contract because the city elected to perform that work in-house. The amendment was presented as yielding a refund or reduction of approximately $78,000; the board approved the change 2-0.

On land‑use matters, Mrs. Longer said the Plan Commission had unanimously approved a 1‑lot subdivision (JRS Spot Subdivision) at 126 N. Hobart Rd., zoned B‑3 and covering about 1.6 acres. The board signed the mylars without a bond requirement. The board also accepted a Hobart Fire Department grant presented by Fire Chief Lopez; Chief Lopez said "the grant amount is $9,816.00 with no match" and the board accepted the award. (The mayor had earlier asked that a fire grant listed on the agenda at $15,930 be added; Chief Lopez stated the actual grant award as $9,816.)

All administrative motions recorded as part of the meeting—including acceptance of the register of claims and payroll and approval of the amended agenda—passed by the board’s 2-0 voice votes. The meeting adjourned at 3:55 p.m.