Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Stormwater Project Bidding topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
City readies bids for 38th Place stormwater improvements; Phases I–II estimated at $5.3 million
Summary
Consultant Abonmarche told the Board the city received a DNR permit and is scheduling a pre‑bid April 30 and bid opening May 7 for Phases I and II of the 38th Place STW Improvement Project, estimated at $5.3 million and within an existing $6 million bond.
Get email alerts on the Stormwater Project Bidding topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Jake Manzo of Abonmarche told the Hobart Sanitary District on March 24 that the city is prepared to move forward with Phases I and II of the 38th Place Stormwater (STW) Improvement Project. Manzo said the Department of Natural Resources permit for the work has been received, but a right‑of‑entry and an easement from an adjacent property owner are still outstanding.
Manzo said a pre‑bid meeting will be held April 30 and bids will be opened May 7. He estimated the cost of Phases I and II at $5.3 million, which the meeting minutes note is within the $6 million bond previously approved for the project. The Board voted to issue plans and proceed with bid publishing for Phases I and II. The same motion included reissuing the County Line and 10th Street projects to bid at the same time.
The minutes do not detail construction schedules or contractor selection; they record that right‑of‑entry and easement issues remain to be resolved before work can proceed. The Board recorded unanimous approval on the bidding actions. Further updates were scheduled via the staff engineering process and the pre‑bid meeting calendar.
