Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Public Safety topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Police chief to continue search for part‑time officer after approved recruit does not respond
Summary
Police Chief David Pernice told council the candidate approved at the previous meeting did not respond to outreach; he plans to contact the Civil Service Commission, use the consortium list of 32 candidates, and seek one part‑time hire (while noting a desire for two). Council agreed to continue the search.
Get email alerts on the Public Safety topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Police Chief David Pernice reported at the Aug. 27 council meeting that a candidate approved at the previous meeting has not responded to contact attempts and the chief will assume the candidate is no longer interested. He told council he will reach out to the consortium and pursue oral exams through the Civil Service Commission.
Pernice said he would prefer to hire two part‑time officers for the department but that only one part‑time position had been approved by council. He noted there are 32 candidates on the consortium list and said he will send letters and follow the Civil Service process; council agreed to continue searching for one part‑time officer.
The minutes record the chief’s update as an informational staff report; no motion or vote was recorded on expanding or reauthorizing additional positions at this meeting. Follow-up steps noted in the minutes include scheduling Civil Service exams and issuing outreach letters to candidates.
