Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Unsafe Premise topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Paoli council gives owner two weeks to clean up unsafe property at 215 Horton Ave

Town of Paoli Town Council · October 21, 2025
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

After a public hearing the Paoli Town Council found no cleanup had been done at 215 Horton Ave and voted unanimously to give the owner two weeks to remedy the unsafe condition or have the town remove debris and add the cleanup costs to the property tax bill.

Town Attorney Hunt Reynolds opened a public hearing Oct. 21 on an unsafe premise at 215 Horton Avenue after the required public notice was published Oct. 1, 2025. No members of the public spoke at the hearing.

Code Enforcement Administrator Benji Farris told the council that no cleanup has occurred at the property owned by Arthur Martin and that a burnt trailer on the site needs to be removed; Farris said Martin is living in the other trailer without utilities. "No cleanup has been done to the property," Farris said.

President Bobbie Bostock moved to give the owner a two-week notice to abate the unsafe conditions and, if the owner failed to act, to have the town perform the cleanup and add the cost to the property owner’s taxes. The motion, seconded by Mylea Pluris, passed 5–0.

The hearing record notes the town published the public hearing notice in the Orleans Progress Examiner on Oct. 1. The council closed the hearing at 6:02 p.m. and formally adopted the cleanup directive as described above.

The council did not record follow-up deadlines beyond the two-week notice in the minutes; town staff will need to confirm the date by which work must be completed and any subsequent actions if the owner does not comply.