Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Subdivision Extension topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Hobart board grants six‑month extension for Bickley Hollow subdivision

Hobart City Redevelopment Authority Meeting · March 5, 2026
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

A petitioner seeking to build a 67‑lot subdivision received a six‑month extension after updating the board on presales and financing; a commissioner had recommended a year to allow coordination with planning and council schedules.

At the Hobart City Redevelopment Authority meeting, the petitioner for Bickley Hollow (petition 23‑12) updated the board on sales and financing and asked for more time to complete approvals.

The petitioner said presales have recovered since last year and that the developer planned to buy the property outright and proceed with infrastructure. "So we're just asking for another extension," the petitioner told the commission.

Commissioner Marco Rodriguez, who participated in the discussion, recommended the developer consider a year-long extension to allow time for planning review and city council scheduling. The board instead moved to grant a six‑month extension; the motion was seconded and carried.

The extension allows the developer to continue work on financing and preliminaries while the board retains oversight; the petitioner may return earlier if ready.