Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Unsafe Building topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Homeowner reports progress; authority continues unsafe-building case for 312 Mill/Chandler St. to May 20

Hobart City Redevelopment Authority Meeting · April 1, 2026
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

Owner Theresa Nagel told the Hobart City Redevelopment Authority she passed rough plumbing and framing inspections and expects the house finished by the end of April; the authority set the unsafe-building matter for a status update at its May 20 meeting and requested an occupancy form.

Theresa Nagel, the owner of the property subject to an unsafe-building order at 312 Mill (Chandler Street), told the Hobart City Redevelopment Authority that interior and rough-in work is progressing and that she expects the house to be completed by the end of April.

“My name is Theresa Nagel. I passed the rough plumbing inspection a week ago, passed a rough framing inspection of the interior last week as well,” Nagel said. She told the board the plumber would return to install trim and that garage construction was underway.

After the update, the chair said the authority would continue the unsafe-building item for a status update and set it for the May 20 meeting to allow time for additional work and paperwork. The chair also asked for an occupancy form to be provided before that meeting; Nagel agreed to supply the documentation.

The authority recorded the motion and second to continue the item and there was no extended discussion or opposition noted on the record. The board did not take a final action to lift or extend the unsafe-building order at the meeting; it set a procedural follow-up date for May 20 to reassess progress.

Next steps: Nagel is expected to provide an occupancy form and a status update will be heard at the authority’s May 20 meeting. The meeting record did not specify whether building permits, inspections beyond those mentioned, or funding for repairs were outstanding.