Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Unsafe Building 312 Mill topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Owner reports inspections passed as authority continues unsafe-building case at 312 Mill/Chandler Street
Summary
The board continued an unsafe-building order for the property at 312 Mill/Chandler Street after owner Theresa Nagel reported she passed rough plumbing and framing inspections and expects the work finished by the end of April; the case was set over for a status update at the May 20 meeting.
Get email alerts on the Unsafe Building 312 Mill topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
The Hobart City Redevelopment Authority continued an unsafe-building matter concerning the property at 312 Mill/Chandler Street after the property owner told the board she is making steady progress repairing the home.
Theresa Nagel, who identified herself to the board, said, "I passed the rough plumbing inspection a week ago, passed a rough framing inspection of the interior last week as well. I'm progressing. I should have the plumber back out to install the trim for the plumbing at the end of this week ... I'll be done with the whole house by the end of April." The chair acknowledged the update and a board member said they had driven by and observed the garage under construction.
The chair asked whether Nagel would provide an occupancy form before the next meeting; Nagel replied, "Yeah, it's on." The board formally set the matter over for a status update at the May 20 meeting to allow additional time for work to continue.
The transcript records no public opposition and no board member moved to issue an immediate order at the meeting. The action recorded in the transcript was a continuation for monitoring and follow-up rather than an enforcement action taken at that session.
The meeting also covered routine approvals and community announcements, including an upcoming State of the City event at the high school with doors opening at 5:30 p.m. and a 6:30 p.m. start for the program.
