Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Right Of Way topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Owners petition to acquire 20‑ft alley on Morse Boulevard; council schedules July vote

City Council of Homewood · June 22, 2026
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

At a public hearing the city heard from an attorney and petitioners seeking to acquire two 10‑ft segments of a 20‑ft alley between 115 and 117 Morse Blvd; utility clearances were obtained and valuation under state formula was $17,703.19. Council will consider the item July 13.

Homewood — Property owners seeking to acquire portions of a 20‑foot alley between 115 and 117 Morse Boulevard told the City Council on June 22 that the alley has long functioned as a driveway and that utility providers have cleared the proposed vacation.

Attorney Trip Galloway represented the petitioners, including David Platt and contract purchasers Ansley and Bo Dides. Galloway said the petition divides the alley so each petitioner would acquire a 10‑foot strip; he told the council the statutory square‑foot valuation formula produced $17,703.19 for the parcel and said four utility letters approving the vacation had been obtained.

Galloway said petitioners plan to re‑survey promptly upon payment and that the transfer would consolidate the driveway interests into private ownership, with expected modest increases in property tax and improved insurability for activities on the acquired land.

No one spoke in opposition at the hearing; the mayor closed the hearing and the council announced it will consider formal action at its July 13 meeting.

What’s next: Council will take up the ordinance and any required payment/re‑survey requirements on July 13, 2026.