Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Building Safety topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Owner reports inspections passed; unsafe-building matter at 312 Mill/Chandler Street set over to May 20
Summary
Property owner Theresa Nagel told the authority she passed recent rough-plumbing and rough-framing inspections and expects construction to be complete by the end of April; the board set the unsafe-building item for a May 20 status update.
Get email alerts on the Building Safety topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
The Hobart City Redevelopment Authority heard an update on an unsafe-building matter involving 312 Mill/Chandler Street and agreed to continue the item for a status review at its May 20 meeting.
Theresa Nagel identified herself as the property owner and described recent progress: “I passed the rough plumbing inspection a week ago, passed a rough framing inspection of the interior last week as well. I should have the plumber back out to install the trim for the plumbing at the end of this week. … I mean, I'll be down with the whole house by the end of April,” she said.
The Chair acknowledged seeing ongoing construction — noting he had driven by and observed the garage was under construction — and moved to set the matter over so the board could review further progress at its next meeting. The owner asked whether she should provide an occupancy form before the next meeting; the Chair confirmed the occupancy documentation would be reviewed.
The board recorded a motion and second to continue the unsafe-building item and called the voice vote in favor. No formal sanctions or fines were issued at the meeting; the item was continued so staff and the board could verify completion and required paperwork at the May 20 status review.
