Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Parks Infrastructure topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Finance committee backs moving Betler Park court, accessible path contract to council
Summary
Finance Committee reported Resolution 2025‑R05, authorizing an agreement with Vasco Sports Contractors for a Betler Park basketball‑court rebuild ($73,296) and an accessible pathway ($26,704); administration requested a 10% contingency. Committee will request time on the regular meeting to move the measure to third reading.
Get email alerts on the Parks Infrastructure topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
The Finance Committee on Feb. 25 reviewed Resolution 2025‑R05, which would authorize the city to enter an agreement with Vasco Sports Contractors for reconstruction of the Betler Park basketball court and installation of an accessible pathway from the parking lot to the court.
Committee members said they received the Vasco quote: $73,296 for the court rebuild (including surfacing and paint) and $26,704 for the walking path. Administration requested a 10% contingency as part of the appropriation. Director Carr commented that Vasco had previously completed the East Liberty courts and other local work and said the original courts dated from about 1997 and were overdue for rehabilitation.
Committee members described the item as straightforward and indicated they would schedule it for third reading at the regular council meeting so contractors can begin work once conditions allow. No formal appropriation was approved in committee on Feb. 25.
Speakers quoted: Councilmember Neugebauer (chair) and Director Carr (administration).
