Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Events topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Authority approves June, July and September festival dates and use of restaurant-adjacent park area

Hobart City Redevelopment Authority Meeting · February 9, 2026
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

The Hobart City Redevelopment Authority approved proposed festival kickoff dates in June, July and September and granted use of the grass area behind a restaurant for stage and sound; the proposal will proceed to public works for parking permits.

The Hobart City Redevelopment Authority voted to approve proposed festival kickoff dates and the use of a grass area behind a restaurant for staging and sound.

Chair invited Mister Forbes to present the proposal; Mister Forbes said the plan is "the same thing as last year," requesting use of the grass area behind his restaurant for stage and sound on dates in June, July and September. He described picnic tables and security plans and said staff would apply to public works for parking and related permits.

Board members asked about accessibility and attendees; Mister Forbes noted a regular attendee who uses a wheelchair and said staff had discussed accommodating her and providing free meals. After discussion, a member moved to approve the proposed dates and a second was recorded. The chair called the vote and declared the motion carried.

The approval is procedural authorization for the dates and use of the park area; Mister Forbes said he will present parking and permit details to the public works board the following week.