Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Public Safety topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Neighbors praise Glassboro police for blocking 'pop‑up' parties; borough says detectives track social media

Mayor and Council of the Borough of Glassboro · July 28, 2025
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

Residents thanked police for increased patrols and curb painting and asked whether the borough can prevent large unsanctioned "pop‑up" parties; officials said detectives monitor social media and have sought temporary injunctions to block several events.

At the July 22 Glassboro council meeting, residents thanked borough staff for enhanced patrols after a large, late‑June "pop‑up" event and asked whether the borough could better prevent similar gatherings.

"I'm Vicky Downing. I live at 305 McClellan Avenue," Downing told council and said she appreciated increased police presence and highway department curb‑painting. She asked whether the borough is proactively monitoring social media to prevent large unsanctioned gatherings that draw hundreds.

Council and public‑safety representatives said the borough has been monitoring social media and using legal remedies when possible. "We were actually able to squash a number of these and get temporary injunctions before they even happen," a borough public‑safety speaker said, adding the town had obtained about "five to six" injunctions to stop events. Officials also said detectives actively monitor social media and have helped quash multiple planned gatherings.

A council member reported specific patrol activity: "We, we did do 74 additional patrols in June and July, 20 of them for radar traffic enforcement, 27 of them for parking enforcement, and we did write 70 summons," the speaker said. The council noted a pending speed study on Alfred Avenue that had been completed July 19 but the results were still being processed.

Council characterized the borough response as active and ongoing: staff will continue monitoring and, when appropriate, pursue injunctions or other legal steps to prevent dangerous large gatherings. No ordinance or regulation change was proposed at the meeting.

What happens next: police and borough staff will continue monitoring social media and enforcing laws; residents were encouraged to report concerns to the police.