Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Meeting Votes topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Meeting roundup: city authority approves contracts, vendors and a downtown film shoot; unsafe-building and appeals set over

Hobart City Redevelopment Authority Meeting · March 4, 2026
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

The Hobart City Redevelopment Authority approved routine minutes and claims, authorized downtown vendors through Oct. 31, approved a $43,000 design agreement for 2026 paving bid documents, granted a downtown film-shoot permit, and set an unsafe-building order over to April 1; appeals of a large fill permit were consolidated for the Board of Works on the 18th.

The Hobart City Redevelopment Authority handled routine administrative business and several votes at its latest meeting.

The board approved the previous minutes and accepted claims. Members also approved a list of six downtown food-service vendors to be authorized through Oct. 31 and accepted a motion to cancel the annual sidewalk event. Staff described a recommended $43,000 design agreement with a firm called '1st Group' to prepare bid documents for a CCMG paving package; the board moved and approved consideration to proceed so the project can be bid when funding is available.

A late request for a downtown film shoot was added to the agenda and approved; the applicant said filming will occur daytime March 22–25 and staff advised coordinating with the police department to avoid conflicts on the sidewalk.

In code enforcement business, the board heard an unsafe-building item for 312 North Canton Street. Staff reported a demolition order previously applied only to the garage and said the owner now has building permits but is under a stop-work order while plumbing issues are resolved. The board set the item over to the April 1 meeting to allow time to verify substantial compliance.

Finally, the board consolidated approximately 14 appeals of a Planning Commission fill permit (tied to a proposed large data-center project) and scheduled determinations at the Board of Works meeting on the 18th so written findings and any technical responses can be reviewed. No final determinations on the appeal merits were made at this session.

Votes were taken by voice; the meeting recorded multiple 'ayes' on the listed motions. The board adjourned or moved to remaining administrative items after the appeals segment.