Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Tenasi Opening topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Tenasi reopening moved to Aug. 27; new director and hires cited for delay, name changed to 'Food and Beverage'
Summary
The Tenasi restaurant opening was pushed from a July 1 target to Aug. 27 because hiring and equipment delays required more setup time; the POA appointed Christine Martinez as director of food and beverage and changed the department name from 'Food Services' to 'Food and Beverage' at no additional cost, board president Mike Lackey said.
Get email alerts on the Tenasi Opening topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Tellico Village’s Tenasi restaurant will open Aug. 27, not the originally targeted July 1, the POA announced during its quarterly update.
Board president Mike Lackey said the July 1 date had been optimistic and that losing the previous food services director, Skyler McClarken, in February required the POA to recruit replacements. The board hired Christine Martinez as director of food and beverage, who requested time to assemble a team and fill key roles including a general manager and a chef. Lackey said outstanding equipment deliveries and interior work also delayed opening.
Lackey credited project manager Scott for keeping the project on budget and noted final site work — the practice putting green and paving — is complete or near completion. The board also approved renaming the department from “Food Services” to “Food and Beverage,” which Lackey said better reflects the scope and carries no additional cost.
Quotes: “Opening on July 1, right in the middle of a holiday, wasn't ideal for delivering the level of service we expect. As such, the decision was made to open on August 27,” Lackey said.

