Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Stormwater Capital Projects topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Authority approves stormwater inventory task order and moves to bid 38th Place and County Line projects

Hobart City Redevelopment Authority · March 24, 2026
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

The authority approved a BFNS task order to continue stormwater inventory work, authorized bidding for Phase 1–2 of the 38th Place stormwater project (engineer estimate ~ $5.3M with 15% contingency), and reissued County Line culvert bid documents to run concurrently.

The Hobart City Redevelopment Authority approved several capital project steps and a new task order to further the city’s stormwater planning and construction schedule.

Board members approved a task order with BFNS to continue the stormwater inventory and assessment work across southern watershed areas and annexed zones. The task order continues mapping of ditches, easements and infrastructure previously started; staff said the earlier phase ran under budget and the packet included updated pricing. Members noted an updated task-order amount in the packet and discussed a not-to-exceed ceiling in relation to prior budgeted amounts (packet showed $229,000 updated to a not-to-exceed $300,000 figure during discussion).

Separately, staff presented plans and specifications for the 38th Place/Filmore stormwater improvement project. Staff recommended bidding phases 1 and 2 now (phase 3 would add an additional culvert beneath the railroad at a later date). The engineer’s estimate presented for phases 1–2 was approximately $5.3 million including a 15% contingency; the board approved issuing plans and advertising for bids, with a pre-bid conference planned and an expected award at the May meeting.

The board also approved reissuing bid documents for the County Line culvert replacement to be run concurrently, noting a shorter bid window for that project and a plan to award in late April/May. Staff said running the projects concurrently could yield better pricing and allow efficient contractor mobilization.

Motion language recorded by the chair authorized issuing bid documents and approving the BFNS task order to advance design and bidding work.