Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Subdivision Extension topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Commission grants six‑month extension for Bickley Hollow 67‑lot subdivision

Hobart City Redevelopment Authority Meeting · March 5, 2026
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

A petitioner seeking a 67‑lot subdivision requested more time, citing recent financing steps and presales; the authority approved a six‑month extension after staff and commissioners discussed six‑month vs. one‑year options.

The authority considered petition 23‑12, a proposed 67‑lot subdivision called Bickley Hollow. The petitioner reported that market conditions have improved, that Baker Tilly had been engaged and that the developer has presold lots in the region; the petitioner said they would now purchase the property outright and asked the commission for an extension to complete infrastructure and permitting.

Commissioner Marco Rodriguez, representing economic development, recommended a one‑year extension to allow time for the TIF and common‑council schedule; other members said six months would be sufficient and easier to revisit. A commissioner moved to grant a six‑month extension; the motion was seconded and carried by voice vote.

The petitioner was thanked for the update and will return in six months with a status report.