Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Public Safety topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Stanford council moves to repair sirens, expands camera partnerships and approves $47,515.63 sidewalk payment
Summary
Fire Chief Scott Maples reported two nonworking warning sirens; the fiscal court has signed a work order to repair them. The council approved payment of a $47,515.63 Foster Lane sidewalk invoice and discussed Hyperreach alerts and FLOCK camera integration.
Get email alerts on the Public Safety topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Fire Chief Scott Maples told the Stanford City Council on June 12 that two early warning sirens — at the high school and on Foster Lane — are not working and that repairs will be funded through the Lincoln County Fiscal Court and Lincoln County Emergency Management. "Two warning sirens in Stanford (High School and Foster Lane). Neither are working," Chief Maples said; Mayor Dalton Miller added that Judge Adams has signed the work order to authorize repairs.
Police Chief Zach Middleton described the city's use of alternative notification tools, including the Hyperreach alert app and weather radios, and noted that FLOCK cameras are "fully up and running" with four permanent placements and one mobile unit. Middleton said Stanford is now working with Garrard and Danville to integrate camera coverage and that the fiscal court is considering placement of an additional camera to cover westbound traffic through Crab Orchard.
Separately, Mayor Miller reported the final city portion of the Foster Lane Sidewalk Project totaled $47,515.63, which had not been allocated in last year's budget. Councilman Eddie Carter moved (seconded by Councilman Joe Tackett) to approve payment of the invoice to the Lincoln County Fiscal Court; the council voted unanimously to pay the invoice. Mayor Miller said the project came in approximately $10,000 under the original blacktop bid.
The council also approved a new rental rate for the L&N Depot: $150 per day with a $50 refundable deposit effective July 1, 2025. The mayor announced upcoming community events, ongoing caboose maintenance, and a scheduled drug take-back event on June 27.
The council took these actions during regular business and recorded no dissent on the items noted.
