Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Site Plan 661 topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Planning board approves outdoor seating at 661 U.S. Highway 1 with staff-reviewed design conditions

Village of North Palm Beach Planning, Zoning and Adjustment Board · January 6, 2026
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

The Village of North Palm Beach Planning, Zoning and Adjustment Board approved a revised outdoor seating plan for 661 U.S. Highway 1 on Jan. 6, 2026, requiring removal of a proposed fence and staff approval of planter designs and landscape materials. The 4–2 vote followed public objections about the seating area’s drive-through appearance.

On Jan. 6, 2026 the Village of North Palm Beach Planning, Zoning and Adjustment Board approved a revised site plan for outdoor seating at 661 U.S. Highway 1, imposing conditions that the fence be removed and that staff sign off on the final planter designs and landscape materials.

Planning consultant Lance Lilly told the board the application had been reviewed previously and that this hearing focused on proposed changes to the outdoor seating area. Applicant representative Mr. Webb described planters incorporated within the drive aisle, said the handicap-accessible walkway had been opened, and stated that artificial turf would be installed beneath picnic tables. Mr. Webb said the planters would be about 24 inches tall and would be filled with soil to support plantings; he also emphasized that the planters were not connected to the curb system.

Board members pressed for clearer visuals and details after noting inconsistencies between the renderings and the applicant’s description. Vice-Chair Jonathan Haigh and Member Thomas Hogarth both said the images did not match the plan as described; Member Scott Hicks questioned the proposed fencing. Staff and the applicant said the fencing met code, but the Board approved the project subject to removal of the fence and with the condition that staff approve the planter design and landscape materials.

Public commenter Deborah Cross spoke in opposition, saying the outdoor seating area continued to resemble a drive-through and raised concerns about discrepancies between materials shown in renderings and what had been described to the Board.

Dr. Mark Michels moved to approve the site plan with the stated conditions; Member Scott Hicks seconded. The motion passed 4–2, with Members Thomas Hogarth and Jonathan Haigh dissenting.

Next steps call for the applicant to submit final planter and landscape details for staff review and approval before installation. The Board’s approval does not authorize construction until any required permits are issued and final plans are accepted by village staff.