Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Payments And Project Updates topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Payments approved; staff updates board on South Street ramp and Prospect Avenue construction

Board of Public Works · April 23, 2026
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

The board approved three payments, heard details on the South Street ramp repairs (concrete/beam repairs and top-floor glass block replacement with concrete block and Lexan), and received a schedule update on Prospect Avenue work (some soil and rain delays but still on track).

The Board of Public Works approved a batch of three payments on April 23 and received staff updates on infrastructure work including the South Street ramp and Prospect Avenue construction.

Joe Piper moved to approve the payments; the motion passed 3–0 with votes from Kevin Riley, Joe Piper and Alderman Eileen Mickleitz.

Staff (Brandon) described the South Street ramp work as a carryover from a 2025 bid that continued into spring 2026. He said crews completed concrete structural repairs on lower floors and have been working upward, addressing spalling and exposed rebar, and that a previously approved change order removed glass block on the top story and replaced it with concrete block and new windows. A staff speaker noted the replaced windows and doors used a high-impact polymer, Lexan: "All the glass was replaced with Lexan," said Joe Walter, the facilities manager.

On Prospect Avenue, staff said poor soils encountered during removal and a week of heavy rain slowed progress but that schedule-wise the contractor remains on target to meet contract time and hoped to finish ahead of schedule. Staff said removals of sidewalk on Bidwell will start soon and that the contractor expects to meet contract time; when asked whether residents would regain driveway access in the next three weeks, staff said that was the goal.

Board members had no further comments and adjourned the meeting.