Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Air Quality topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Resident apologizes over previous criticism as city says DEQ will relocate air‑quality monitor to school

Sweet Home City Council · January 28, 2026
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

Sweet Home resident Gary Jarvis apologized to the council for earlier public comments that criticized the DEQ’s removal of an air‑quality monitor; City Manager Adam Ogden said DEQ told staff it removed the monitor from the fire district at the fire district's request and plans to reinstall it at a school before summer.

Gary Jarvis, a Sweet Home resident who addressed the council during public comment, apologized for earlier remarks that criticized the Department of Environmental Quality regarding an AQO (air quality) monitor at the fire district.

"I felt it appropriate that I publicly apologize for the information that I was given, that I presented to you," Jarvis said, saying he had drawn conclusions based on incomplete information provided to him and that the fire district had requested the monitor's removal. Jarvis said city staff and local volunteers have since done research and that he expects a satisfactory resolution.

In the city manager's report, Adam Ogden said staff contacted DEQ and were told the monitor had been removed from the fire district and that DEQ plans to move it to the high school (the junior high was mentioned as an alternate) and expects it to be operational sometime in the spring before fire season. Ogden said DEQ did not provide an exact date but indicated it would likely be in place before summer.