Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Infrastructure Water topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Planning board delays decision on 680 Bedford water tie-in after DPW memo; applicant warns of lawsuit

Bridgewater Planning Board · July 21, 2026
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

The board continued a modification request for 680 Bedford Street to Aug. 5 after DPW asked the planning board not to act on water-connection issues; applicant Steve Labelle told the board he had a paid tie-in permit and warned of litigation if the town continued to delay.

The Planning Board on July 15 continued a request to modify conditions for 680 Bedford Street to the board's August 5 meeting after the town's Department of Public Works asked the board not to act until DPW and legal issues were clarified.

Applicant Steve Labelle told the board he received and paid for a tie-in permit and said the town's apparent moratorium on water connections had been applied improperly. "There's nothing in the DEP regs that give the town permission to have a moratorium," Labelle said, and warned that delays were causing him financial harm; he told the board he planned to file suit. The board said it needed formal DPW signoff and possibly legal counsel before treating the revision as a minor modification.

Board members said they were sympathetic to Labelle's desire to move quickly but noted the DPW director sent same-day correspondence requesting the planning board not change the plan while the water-connection status was unresolved. Chair Patrick Frisco said he would not vote to approve a minor modification without DPW approval of a tie-in. The board voted to continue the item to the August 5 meeting to give staff time to obtain DPW and legal guidance.