Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Public Comment topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Residents say Marino Street was dug up without notice, urge restoration of original curb

Krebs City Council · April 28, 2026
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

During public comment at the Krebs City Council special meeting, residents said Marino Street was excavated without notice, curbing and drainage features were removed, and they urged the city to restore the earlier concrete curb-and-gutter configuration.

Multiple residents told the Krebs City Council they returned from work to find a block of Marino Street excavated and that prior concrete curb-and-gutter work—paid for in part by homeowners—had been removed previously without explanation.

One resident said, "we came home from work one day and it was all dug up." Residents described that tin-horn drains and small grates had been removed and that driveways were left lower and holding water. Councilmember Sherry DeFrange noted homeowners had paid $1,000 each historically to cover curb work and asked what had happened to the original curve and curb design.

Councilmembers and a contractor representative discussed whether restoring curb-and-gutter or returning to a flume-style gutter would best manage stormwater. Residents repeatedly requested a timeline for repairs; councilmembers said they would investigate but would not promise a specific date during the meeting. The council later voted to delay the contract for the block until more information and bids were obtained.