Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Code Enforcement topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Member Landers asks staff to check status of stop-work order on Belmont house
Summary
Member Landers raised a question about a stop-work order issued Feb. 9, 2026 for a house on Belmont, saying the owners or contractor had not applied for permits; staff confirmed no work had resumed and said it would contact the contractor.
Get email alerts on the Code Enforcement topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
During a brief exchange near the close of the meeting, Member Landers asked staff to confirm the status of a stop-work order issued on Feb. 9, 2026 for a house on Belmont and whether permits had been filed. "We had, a stop work order on 02/09/2026 on this house in Veil on Belmont," Landers said, and asked whether the property owners or contractor had applied for missing permits.
A staff member responded that work had not resumed and that they had not seen permit activity. "That's correct... They they haven't started working on it," the staff member said, and added that they would reach out to the contractor to determine the contractor's status and next steps. The staff member also identified Brad Ward as the code enforcement officer who issued the stop-work order and indicated that he normally performs follow-up checks on such orders.

