Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Handicap Parking Removal topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Cohoes Traffic Commission removes several residential handicap parking signs after applicants fail to reapply
Summary
The commission voted unanimously on June 22 to remove residential handicap parking signs listed in Attachment B after the listed individuals did not respond to required re-application requests; Chairman Johnston said non-response is treated as an indication the signs are no longer needed.
Get email alerts on the Handicap Parking Removal topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
The Cohoes Traffic Commission voted on June 22, 2026, to remove specified residential handicap parking signs that had been approved previously but whose permit holders did not complete the required annual re-application. Chairman Paul Johnston told the commission the signs were originally approved for four individuals listed on Attachment "B," and that those individuals failed to respond to re-application requests this year. Chief Joseph Fahd moved to remove the signs and Director Stephen Napier seconded; the motion passed unanimously.
Chairman Johnston explained the commission’s practice for the re-application process: when applicants do not respond, "it is assumed that the signs are no longer needed." The removals were approved in accordance with Attachment "B" to the agenda; the transcript does not list the affected addresses or the names of those individuals.
