Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Town Buildings topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Residents press Selectboard for clarity on town-buildings feasibility study ahead of June 23 meeting

Weybridge Selectboard · June 1, 2025
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

At the June 3 Selectboard meeting residents raised concerns about a town-buildings feasibility study, asking for clearer outreach and timelines ahead of a June 23 public meeting; board members said a study and master plan exist and pledged further information.

Christine Frandino opened a lengthy public discussion about the town-buildings feasibility study and asked whether residents had been adequately informed. She warned that "the buildings are on the historical registry, but it doesn't mean anything," and urged the board to be transparent about options for reusing the school and other town properties.

Megan Sutton and Kelly — who is leading the feasibility work — said the study was funded in part by ARPA and a grant and that the town conducted a survey in 2023 that produced recommendations for potential building uses. The board announced a community meeting at the school on June 23 to outline three options and gather public input; Kelly said she "should have contacted property owners" sooner and will investigate grants and next steps. Board members sought clearer outreach and long-term planning, with Michael McAuliffe asking what the master plan is and Megan saying she will stay in touch with residents about the process and timeline.