Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Public Health topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Public Health reports Ebola monitoring, uptick in Anaplasmosis, and grants for immunizations and lead prevention
Summary
Public Health Director Alyssa Broome‑Quissimisse told the committee the Bundibugyo Ebola outbreak in the DRC has over 1,000 suspected cases and 263 suspected deaths; locally she flagged four confirmed Anaplasmosis cases so far, a $5,000 immunization mini‑grant, a $48,256 subcontract for lead prevention, and $56,000 in additional funds for children and youth inclusion.
Get email alerts on the Public Health topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Alyssa Broome‑Quissimisse, Yates County Public Health director, briefed the committee on multiple items on June 1. She reported that the Bundibugyo strain Ebola outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo has "over a 1,000 suspected cases and 263 suspected deaths," that for that specific strain there is currently no vaccine, and that federal and state agencies are monitoring the situation; she emphasized the risk to Yates County remains very low.
Broome‑Quissimisse also said the county is seeing an increase in Anaplasmosis with four confirmed cases this year compared with eight all of last year and noted a roughly 30% hospitalization rate and about a 3% death rate for the disease as discussed. She announced public‑health funding: an additional $56,000 over two years to support community inclusion for children and youth with special health‑care needs, a $5,000 mini‑grant for immunization outreach, and a $48,256 subcontract through Ontario County to support county lead‑prevention staff. The committee accepted the report and had no objections to advancing the listed resolutions.
