Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Parks And Recreation topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Residents report 'Man Hunt' park event; council says police notified and park remains open

Town of Cecilton Mayor and Council · June 1, 2026
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

Administrator Cooper told the council a social-media-posted 'Man Hunt' hide-and-seek event occurred in the park; she posted a notice on the Town Facebook page, alerted police, and said parents reported no issues. An audience member contrasted it with prior 'Take Over' events that had caused problems.

During public comments Administrator Cooper addressed community questions about a social-media-advertised "Man Hunt" event in the town park, describing it as essentially a hide-and-seek game. Cooper said she posted notice of the event on the Town Facebook page, alerted police, and received messages from parents indicating participants had fun and that no incidents occurred. "The park is for the people," Cooper said, adding that as long as participants are respectful of property and not destructive there should be no problem.

An audience member raised concerns by referencing past "Take Over" events that previously created problems, but Cooper said this event appeared distinct and that she did not expect issues. The park remains open until dusk as usual; the town will monitor social-media posts and community feedback.