Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Pool Operations topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Parks staff: pool season went well but off‑duty police not used this year

Parks & Recreation Advisory Board · August 3, 2026
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

Staff reported a successful pool season and said the splash pad will remain open for several weeks; staff also said the city has not paid for off‑duty police at the pool for at least two years, citing cost and staffing challenges.

Parks staff reported the pool closed Sunday and described the summer as successful, with good attendance and strong volunteer and concession support. "The splash pad will remain open," the staff member said, adding that staff will present attendance, budget and operational recommendations at the board’s September meeting.

The staff member told the board the city has not had a regular off‑duty police officer at the pool this year or last, saying that paying officers for off‑duty shifts is expensive and that officers often have other commitments. "We haven't had an officer for that, for this year and last year," the staff member said. Staff said they call police and fire when issues arise but that contracted security has not been feasible due to cost.