Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Public Comment topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Resident alleges county used land deal to threaten Redding election, says she filed complaints

Redding City Council · August 22, 2025
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

During public comment, a Redding resident named Dolores accused county officials of using a land deal to pressure the city and said she has written to the attorney general and the secretary of state; the council did not adjudicate the claim during the meeting.

Dolores, a member of the public who identified herself when called to speak, told the council she believes county officials used a land deal to threaten the city’s special election and said the tactic amounted to a denial of citizens’ civil-rights to hold the election.

"It's unconstitutional," Dolores said during her remarks, and she told the council she had already submitted materials to the California attorney general and the secretary of state. The council did not receive a county representative at the meeting and did not take any formal action to investigate the allegation during its session.

Mayor Muns and council members proceeded to the scheduled agenda item on consolidating the election and budgeting for clerk and possible attorney costs. The council’s action on consolidation and a $10,000 clerk allocation responded to the operational issue but did not resolve Dolores’s allegation about county conduct.