Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Drainage Flooding topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Resident urges City to re‑inspect historic drainage behind his home
Summary
At the July 6 meeting resident Joe Antczak asked the City to re‑investigate persistent backyard flooding, saying a historic ditch was filled in 'back in the early 1900s' and asking whether the Downtown Interceptor Project would address the problem; Mayor Land said staff would follow up.
Get email alerts on the Drainage Flooding topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Resident Joe Antczak of 239 E. South St. asked the Council on July 6 to re‑inspect longstanding flooding behind his property. Antczak said his own digging showed there used to be a ditch south of the property "which was filled in back in the early 1900s," and he asked the City to revisit the low‑lying areas to assess whether the Downtown Interceptor Project would alleviate the issue.
Mayor Peter D. Land said staff would take Antczak's information and be in contact. Member Scott Evorik, who said he previously lived behind the same property, vouched that flooding had been an issue in the past.
