Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Rewards topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

State Department offers up to $25M for CJNG leader, revokes visas of associates

U.S. Department of Justice · August 4, 2026
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

The State Department announced reward offers totaling more than $100 million for CJNG leaders and said it has imposed visa restrictions on 65 associates, revoking 26 U.S. visas. Officials said the offers are part of narcotics- and transnational-organized-crime reward programs to assist U.S. law enforcement.

Ambassador Michael Gonzalez, deputy assistant secretary for international narcotics and law enforcement affairs, said the State Department is offering more than $100,000,000 in rewards for information leading to arrests and convictions of CJNG leaders and associates. "This includes a $25,000,000 reward offer for Juan Carlos Valencia Gonzalez, also known as Pelon," Gonzalez said.

Gonzalez said seven additional rewards range from $2,000,000 to $15,000,000 and that the announcements are made under the State Department's narcotics rewards and transnational organized crime rewards programs. He also said the department has imposed visa restrictions on 65 individuals believed to be family members or close associates of CJNG figures and that 26 previously issued U.S. visas have been revoked.

State Department officials described the measures as diplomatic and investigative tools intended to deny safe harbor to cartel facilitators and to encourage tips to law enforcement tip lines. Officials asked the public to contact DEA, FBI or HSI tip lines with information related to the rewards.