Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Residential Development topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Commission recommends approval of 14‑lot Caballo Farms addition despite fiscal concerns raised by public advocate

O'Fallon Planning and Zoning Commission · August 7, 2026
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

The commission recommended approval to city council for a 14‑lot addition to Caballo Farms, accepting staff conditions on landscapes, traffic calming and vacating Gallup Lane; public commenter Arnie Deenoff argued the project would cost the city about $192,500 annually and $7.8 million over 40 years.

The Planning & Zoning Commission recommended approval on Aug. 6 of a final plan for a 14‑lot addition to the Caballo Farms subdivision. McBride Homes’ Jeremy Roth said the addition conforms substantially to the area plan approved earlier in the year and consists of a single cul‑de‑sac with common ground and access to project amenities.

During public comment, Arnie C. Deenoff, who identified himself as the city public advocate, cited a fiscal impact analysis and said "these 14 homes to the tune of 34¢ on every dollar" would require the city to subsidize services, estimating an annual negative fiscal impact of about $192,500 and a 40‑year loss of roughly $7.8 million. Commissioners discussed staff conditions — including smaller front‑yard trees to avoid foundation issues, traffic calming, and vacating the Gallup Lane right‑of‑way — then moved to recommend approval to the city council. The motion carried and the item will be heard by council next Thursday.

The recommendation to council carries staff conditions and is a step toward final city council action rather than immediate construction authorization.