Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Community Events topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Residents say Halloween on Main Street was taken over, urge council to restore event
Summary
Public commenters told the council a community-created "Halloween on Main Street" event that ran successfully for two years has been merged into a different Harvest Festival and will not occur on Halloween; commenters urged the council to explore reinstating the original downtown Halloween date.
Get email alerts on the Community Events topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
A public commenter told the Bridal City Council that Parks & Recreation and volunteers had created a popular "Halloween on Main Street" event that benefited families, nonprofits and local businesses, and that the event has been taken over and combined with another festival this year.
"We created an ad hoc committee... It was very successful for 2 years, the Halloween on Main Street event," the speaker said, urging the council to note the change and consider reinstating the event on Halloween so families would not have to travel around town. Representatives of the downtown association explained the Rio Vista Downtown Association runs a Harvest Festival the Saturday before Halloween and that volunteers had been asked to shift the programming; council members asked staff to check whether the Halloween offerings can be restored.
Council members acknowledged budget and staff limitations but asked staff to look into reinstating a Halloween date that aligns with community expectations.
