Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the Employee Benefits topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Board hears warning of double‑digit health‑care cost increases after $18 million Consortium loss
Summary
Board member Gregory Schweiger told the board the Health Trust Consortium experienced a loss of over $18 million last year and that double‑digit health‑insurance increases are expected for member districts; the Workers' Compensation Alliance remains financially strong but has high admin fees.
Get email alerts on the Employee Benefits topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Board member Gregory Schweiger reported to the board that the Health Trust Consortium — which covers several districts — experienced a loss of more than $18 million last year and that ‘‘health costs are rising rapidly, and double‑digit increases are expected for all district members of the Consortium.’’
Schweiger said those increases are also being discussed by the district's Legislative Committee. Superintendent Joshua Roe added that the Workers' Compensation Alliance (an agreement of six districts) is in strong financial standing and that the executive committee is discussing whether to distribute funds back to members. Roe noted administrative fees in that Alliance are currently around 30% because relatively few districts participate.
The board did not take action at the Nov. 5 meeting to change benefits or to approve new funding tied to these reports; the comments were delivered as committee updates and informational reports.
