Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Student Safety topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Board hears initial findings on cell-phone policy as public raises emergency-safety concerns

Ichabod Crane Central School District Board of Education · April 8, 2025
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

Superintendent Marie Digirolamo told trustees a committee is collecting data to develop a cell-phone use policy; during public comment a resident raised concerns about cell phones and safety in emergencies.

The Board received an update from Superintendent Marie Digirolamo that a committee is investigating the "safe and responsible use of cell phones in schools." Digirolamo said the committee will provide data to the Policy Committee to guide policy development; the Policy Committee had previously signaled additional information would be provided on this topic.

During the public-comment period one community member raised concerns about cell phones and safety in an emergency. The minutes record the concern but do not show a formal policy vote or an immediate directive to staff; the Policy Committee and Superintendent were recorded as the next steps for gathering data and drafting language.