Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Safety topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

District reports six security incidents in January; completes multiple safety drills

District 52 Board of Trustees School Board · February 11, 2026
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

Safety staff reported six incidents across district sites in January, including one assault at the high school and several multiplex incidents, and said the district completed fire, tornado, earthquake, bus evacuation and active-intruder drills.

The district's safety presenter reported a total of six security-related incidents in January across district locations, including one assault at the high school and a set of incidents at the multiplex (one assault, two property checks and one follow-up). The presenter noted the total was up from one incident the prior month and down from seven at the same time last year.

Safety staff also confirmed that schools completed planned safety drills in January: fire drills, tornado and earthquake drills on Jan. 7, bus evacuations, and an active-intruder drill on Jan. 15. The presenter said he had discussed a pending matter with the state department and that the district is still waiting for a formal letter from that agency.