Citizen Portal
Sign In

Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!

Get email alerts on the Budget topic

No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.

Superintendent says anticipated state cuts now likely about 2%, not 5%

Port Orford-Langlois School Board · February 23, 2026
AI-Generated Content: All content on this page was generated by AI to highlight key points from the meeting. For complete details and context, we recommend watching the full video. so we can fix them.

Summary

Superintendent Aaron Miller told the board the district now expects roughly a 2% reduction in state funding instead of the previously anticipated 5%, changing the district's budget planning assumptions.

Superintendent Aaron Miller distributed his written report and briefed the board on the state budget outlook. Miller told members that the previously anticipated 5% state funding reduction appears unlikely and that the district now expects "most likely 2%" in cuts, altering earlier planning assumptions.

Board members and staff did not vote on changes at the meeting but will use the revised estimate as the working assumption for upcoming budget and calendar items. The board noted the timeline for budget meetings will be corrected to 5:00 p.m. in future postings and that superintendent-evaluation materials will be distributed as scheduled.