Get Full Government Meeting Transcripts, Videos, & Alerts Forever!
Get email alerts on the District Administration topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
Superintendent: Title funding approved; district readies staff and flags kindergarten enrollment concern
Summary
Superintendent reported Title funding approval statewide, previewed staff and student start dates (staff Aug. 19; students Aug. 25), noted summer meal counts and fair successes, and said the district is monitoring lower-than-expected kindergarten registration.
Get email alerts on the District Administration topic
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
In the superintendent’s report, district leaders told the board that state Title funding was approved last week, a development the superintendent said brought relief across the state and the district.
The superintendent also flagged economic uncertainty tied to regional layoffs and said August 27 is the next economic-forecast date; staff start is scheduled for Aug. 19 and students are scheduled to begin Aug. 25. The superintendent said, “I'm a little bit concerned about my kindergarten numbers coming in,” and asked staff to monitor enrollment numbers closely in the first weeks of school.
The report included operational notes: summer meals continue through the week, facilities staff made substantial summer improvements, the district will hold a start-of-year staff kickoff Aug. 22 at MAC High, and administrators plan a facilities update for a future meeting. The superintendent emphasized the district will continue to provide special education and ELL services to online students under the new Subject.com contract.

